Baked Brie In Puff Pastry - Serves 8
An eye-catching centerpiece for your next gathering of friends or family, this pastry creation will leave guests craving for just one more bite.
- 1 sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry
- 1/4 jar of Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney, Apple Cranberry Chutney or Peach Chutney
- 1 5" or 8" wheel of Brie (skin can be removed if preferred)
- Optional: 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Prepare a baking sheet by greasing lightly or lining it with parchment paper.
- Allow pastry to thaw. Flour surface and roll the dough into a 13" square. You may want to pre-cut a strip of dough from the rolled out pastry to form a false ribbon around the neck of your bag. Place the pastry on the prepared baking sheet.
- Making sure you only cut through the skin of the Brie, run a knife around the top ¼" in from the edge. Make several cuts across the Brie forming small triangles and then gently remove the skin forming a shallow cup to hold the chutney.
- Place the Brie in the center of the pastry.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the Stonewall Kitchen product of your choice over the Brie.
- Forming a bag bring the sides of the pastry up to the center top of the Brie round. If there is too much pastry you may have to trim a little off.
- Carefully press the dough onto the Brie & pinch tightly at the top to seal.
- Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush entire bag with egg wash to make the baked dough shine.
- Place in preheated oven and bake 25-30 minutes until the dough is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- With a large spatula transfer the Brie to a serving dish and serve with French bread toasts, sliced apples, grapes and crackers.