Old Farmhouse Chicken Salad With Apples and Rice
This satisfying salad is bursting with all the complex flavors of our Old Farmhouse Chutney.
Serve it for picnics, at a buffet table or use as a festive filling for artichokes.
- 2 cups cooked basmati, brown or white rice
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 1 tart, crisp apple, washed, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions, including greens
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tablespoons curry powder, hot or mild
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- red or green leaf lettuce
- cherry tomatoes to garnish, if desired
- Combine rice, chicken, apple, scallions, currants and sunflower seeds in a large bowl.
- Blend together mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder and Old Farmhouse Chutney.
- Pour dressing over chicken and blend well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, pack salad into a 6-cup ring mold and unmold on a lettuce-lined platter before serving.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and serve.