Grilled Vegetable Tart - Serves 8
- 1 pie crust (recipe below)
- 2 medium onions cut into 1" wedges
- 1 small zucchini sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 small summer squash sliced 1/2" thick
- 2 tablespoons Garlic flavored oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup of Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam or Old Farmhouse Chutney
- Pie Crust:
In a medium bowl combine 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp of salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter, until the mixture
forms coarse crumbs.
- Stir together 1 egg yolk and 3 tablespoons cold water. Gradually add to flour mixture tossing
with a fork until all ingredients are moistened. (Can add more water if necessary) Wrap in plastic and chill for
30 minutes before using.
- On a lightly floured surface roll pastry into a 12" x 8" rectangle. Ease pastry into a 10 1/2" x 6 1/2" tart
pan with a removable bottom. Trim pastry from the rim of the pan. Line with a double layer of aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degree F for 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes more or until golden. Let cool.
- Place onion and squash in a large bowl. Add oil, salt & pepper, Toss to coat and place in a grilling basket.
- Grill uncovered over medium coals for 10 minutes turning once. Add tomatoes and grill for 2 minutes more or
until vegetables are tender.
- Spread bottom of crust with Roasted Garlic Onion Jam and fill with vegetables. If using Farmhouse Chutney,
mix with one clove of garlic and spread on crust before adding vegetables. Serve immediately.