Fresh Raspberry Trifle
Traditionally this English dessert features custard, fruit and cake. It may be prepared in individual glasses or a large glass bowl. Make sure each layer of ingredients touches the sides of the bowl, so that colors and textures can be seen.
- 1 sponge cake
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam
- 1/4 cup Port, Sherry or Madiera
- 3 cups prepared vanilla pudding or custard
- 6 ounces mascarpone (optional), room temperature
- 2-3 packages raspberries or other berries
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional Garnish: toasted coconut, chocolate shavings, raspberries
- Tear cake into pieces and cover approximately 1/3 of a glass serving bowl, pressing the cake gently to create an even layer.
- Melt 1 jar of Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam with 1/4 cup port, sherry or madiera. Spoon mixture over cake.
- If using optional mascarpone, blend into prepared custard or pudding.
- Pour custard/pudding over jam layer, making sure custard is touching all sides of the bowl.
- Arrange raspberries around edge of bowl, so they are touching the sides of the bowl. Fill in center with berries.
- Whip cream with confectionary sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread whip cream over layer of raspberries.
- Decorate trifle with optional garnish if desired.