Pomegranate Braised Chicken
- In a Dutch oven (or pan that can go from the stove top to the oven with a lid) melt the butter and add the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Braise the chicken pieces and cook until browned and the skin is crisp on both sides.
- Remove chicken and add the chopped leeks. Cook until tender.
- Add the wine and Pomegranate Grille Sauce to the leeks. Stir until combined.
- Return chicken to the pot skin side down. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 1/2 hours, turning once halfway through the cook time. The chicken should be tender and falling away from the bone.
- Remove from the oven. Remove chicken, skim and discard the clear fat from the sauce. Serve the chicken and the sauce over your favorite rice dish.