Coconut Peach Sorbet With Fresh Peaches
A fresh and fascinating combination of flavors to cool you down on the hottest day of the year
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Peach Amaretto Jam
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons peach schnapps
- 2 1/4 Tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 3-4 firm ripe peaches
- Few drops lemon juice
- Combine Peach Amaretto Jam, coconut milk, water, peach schnapps and 2 Tablespoons of the crystallized ginger in a food processor and purée until smooth.
- Pour into a flat metal or glass dish, cover and freeze until solid, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer, cut mixture into cubes and process in food processor. Return to dish and refreeze until needed.
- Peel peaches by dropping them into boiling water until skins slip off easily, 15-30 seconds. Cut into slices and toss with lemon juice.
- To serve, divide peach slices among 4 chilled plates. Place small scoops of sorbet in the center of each plate. Sprinkle on crystallized ginger and serve at once.