Gingerbread with Pumpkin Caramel Mascarpone Cream
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Pumpkin Caramel Mascarpone Cream:
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- 4 ounces Mascarpone, room temperature
- Grease and flour an 8x8-inch square pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients for the gingerbread in a medium size bowl and whisk until uniform.
- In a free standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or you can use a hand mixer, combine the butter, molasses, brown sugar buttermilk, milk and egg. Mix on low until uniformly mixed. Slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. The gingerbread is done when the top springs back when lightly touched, the edges pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking make the pumpkin caramel mascarpone cream. Whip the cream in a chilled bowl of a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks almost form. Whisk in the sugar. Remove whipped cream to medium size bowl. Whip together the Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Caramel Sauce and mascarpone. Gently fold this mixture into the whipped cream.
- Serve a generous dollop of Pumpkin Caramel Mascarpone Cream over each slice of gingerbread. Gingerbread can be served warm or room temperature.