Chicken Portobello Mushroom Enchiladas with Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
- 10 soft corn tortillas
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 - 12 oz. jar roasted red peppers, diced
- 3 medium Portobello mushrooms, sliced 1/4” thick and sautéed until tender
- 6 scallions, sliced, plus 2 for garnish
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 small can green chilies, diced
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
- 1 - 10 oz. can Enchilada Sauce
- 8 oz. Pepper Jack or Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Wrap corn tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
- In a large saucepan bring broth to a boil; add chicken breasts, garlic cloves and peppercorns. With cover on bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and will shred easily (approximately 1 hour).
Remove chicken from broth and shred with forks.
- Combine shredded chicken with 1 cup of salsa, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, chilies, scallions, and cilantro.
- Put 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Remove tortillas from oven. Increase heat to 350 degrees.
- Put some filling into each of the tortillas and roll. Place filled tortillas in casserole dish seam side down. Combine remaining salsa and enchilada sauce and spoon over enchiladas, top with cheese and bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbling.
- Garnish with sour cream, chives and cilantro.