Maple Creme Brulee
Made with real Maple Cream!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Have ready 8 (1/2 cup, 4.5-ounce) soufflé or ramekin dishes.
- In a medium saucepan heat the heavy cream to almost a simmer. Add the Pure Maple Cream and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs. Continue whisking vigorously while you slowly pour in the cream mixture (this will prevent the eggs from scrambling).
- Add the vanilla.
- Strain custard into a bowl with a pour spout. Fill each ramekin.
- Place ramekins in a large baking dish. Pour enough hot water into the baking dish to go half way up the outside of the ramekin to make a water bath. Carefully place baking dish in the center of the oven and bake 45 minutes to 1 hour until the custard is set, but still slightly quivery in the center.
- Just before serving, sprinkle approximately 1 teaspoon granulated sugar over the top of the custard. Place ramekins on a cookie tray and place under the broiler several minutes until the sugar caramelizes to a golden brown. Serve immediately.