Charred Tomato and Fresh Herb Soup
- 5 large tomatoes, grilled until skin blisters
- 5 basil leaves, julienned
- 4 cups vegetable stock, canned or homemade
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 1 Tablespoon Chicken and Pork Rub
- Puree cooled, charred tomatoes and combine with garlic, basil, Chicken and Pork Rub, Roasted Garlic Onion Jam and vegetable stock.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Melt butter and add flour.
- Cook 2-3 minutes and add to heated soup.
- Add cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Downeast Crackers for dipping.