Pomegranate Braised Chicken
- 2-1/2 pounds cut-up bone-in chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup leeks, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Pomegranate Grille Sauce
- In a Dutch oven (or pan that can go from the stove top to the oven with a lid) melt the butter and add the olive oil over medium high heat..
- Braise the chicken pieces and cook until browned and the skin is crisp on both sides.
- Remove chicken and add the chopped leeks. Cook until tender.
- Add the wine and Stonewall Kitchen Pomegranate Grille Sauce to the leeks. Stir until combined..
- Return chicken to the pot skin side down. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 1-1/2 hours turning once halfway through the cook time. The chicken should be tender and falling away from the bone. Remove from the oven. Remove chicken, skim and discard the clear fat from the sauce. Serve the chicken and the sauce over your favorite rice dish.