Makes about 40 marshmallows
- 3 (1/4-ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Place the gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Allow to sit 5-10 minutes.
- Make the syrup by placing the sugar, corn syrup salt and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves. Increase the temperature to high and continue to cook until the syrup reaches 240 degrees F measured on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Turn mixer on low speed. Slowly add the syrup to the dissolved gelatin. Put mixer on high speed and whip until the mixture is thick, about 15 minutes. Add vanilla and beat to incorporate.
- Generously coat an 8 x 12-inch non-metal baking dish with confectioner’s sugar. Spread marshmallow mix into the pan and smooth the top. Dust top with additional confectioner’s sugar.
- Allow to stand uncovered overnight until the marshmallows dry out.
- Cut them into squares and dust with additional confectioner’s sugar.
- Serve with hot chocolate.