Chicken Puttanesca - Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into 4-6 rounds
- Stonewall Kitchen Puttanesca Sauce
- Fresh parsley and basil, chopped for garnish
- Butterfly or pound chicken to an even ½-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add chicken and saute until golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Add sauce to pan and top each chicken breast with a slice of cheese. Cover pan and reduce heat to low. Heat until sauce bubbles and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle chopped herbs over dish and serve with your favorite Stonewall Kitchen pasta. (See below)