Penne with Eggplant
An easy to make dinner with wine and fresh crusty bread. A completely perfect meal.
- 1 large eggplant (peel and then cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar any Stonewall Kitchen Pasta Sauce
- 1 pound penne or linguini pasta
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Cover bottom of saucepan with olive oil. On medium heat, add eggplant and onions to oil and cook until eggplant is dark brown, stirring occasionally.
- When the eggplant is soft add one cup of water. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Add any Stonewall Kitchen Pasta Sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over pasta and top with lots of Parmesan cheese.
Any left over vegetables can be used in this recipe.