Red, White & Blue Shortcakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup milk, optional for brushing biscuits
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Seedless Raspberry Jam, melted
- Zest and juice of one lemon
White Chocolate Cream
- 6 oz. high quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into the bowl of food processor and pulse to mix. Drop in pieces of butter and pulse until mix resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Transfer back to a large bowl. Add the half-and-half all at once. Mix with a rubber spatula until most of the dry ingredients are moistened. With lightly floured hands, gather the dough into a ball and gently knead it against the sides and bottom of the bowl, turning and pressing any loose pieces into the dough until fairly clean.
- To shape biscuits, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough to ¾” thick. Cut using a 3” biscuit cutter, or cut into 2 1/2” squares using a sharp knife. Re-roll the scraps to cut additional biscuits.
- For browner biscuit tops brush tops with milk.
- Place biscuits on un-greased baking sheet at least 1” apart. Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Gently melt the Seedless Raspberry Jam in a saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water, remove from heat and cool slightly. Mix all of the above ingredients together.
White Chocolate Cream
- Place chocolate in a bowl. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Pour hot cream over chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until cold, about 6 hours or overnight. Using an electric mixer beat chilled white chocolate cream until soft peaks form..
- To assemble, split biscuit horizontally in half using a serrated knife. Place bottom half on a plate, top with 3/4 cup of fruit mixture and a large dollop of white chocolate cream. Cover with top half of biscuit and serve.