Spicy Thai Peanut Salad
The mild spiciness of this salad is perfectly complemented by a well-chilled Sauvignon Blanc or Riesling.
- 1 pound linguine or your favorite pasta
- 2 scallions, slice about 1/4 inch thick, green portion only
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons loosely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: grilled shrimp or chicken
- Fully cook the noodles, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles with all the chopped vegetables and Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce. Add more sauce if you desire. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pasta and garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Top with grilled chicken or shrimp if desired.
Place 4-5 shelled and deveined jumbo shrimp on skewers, brush generously with Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce and grill on both sides. Shrimp only take a few minutes to cook, so watch them carefully.
Hint: Skewer each shrimp in 2 places; this will help to keep it from spinning on the skewer.
Slice chicken breast into 2" strips. Push a wooden skewer lengthwise through the chicken strips. Brush with Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce and place on a hot grill.