Glazed Veal Chops
When a celebration is in order, serve these luxurious, succulent chops with steamed asparagus and roasted baby potatoes.
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 2 teaspoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 4 rib or loin veal chops, 1–1/2 inches thick, patted dry
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Minced fresh tarragon leaves or parsley, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine Roasted Garlic Onion Jam with Roasted Garlic Mustard and tarragon in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Lightly brush chops with olive oil and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, turn and season second side. Carefully brush Roasted Garlic & Onion Jam mixture over chops.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake for 15 minutes. After 8 minutes, pour in wine and continue baking. Remove chops to a heated platter while finishing sauce. On top of the stove, reduce pan juices by half. Pour over veal chops; add tarragon or parsley.
If desired, serve on a bed of steamed or boiled rice.