Roasted Apple Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- 1/3 cup granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon onion, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled, optional
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped, optional
- Dried cranberries
- In a deep skillet, cover chicken with water. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer until the chicken breasts are cooked through. Cool.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine all ingredients and serve chilled on crusty bread as a sandwich or over salad greens.