Roasted Apple Cream Sauce for Pumpkin or Butternut Squash Ravioli - Serves 4
- 1 pound butternut squash or pumpkin ravioli*
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- 12-16 fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- (Caramelized apples, sautéed mushrooms, or 1-2 tablespoons brandy added to sauce optional)
- To make the sauce melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk as it bubbles, about 1 minute.
- Continuing to whisk slowly add the chicken broth and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream and Stonewall Kitchen Wood Roasted Apple Sauce. Add Salt and pepper and a pinch of ground nutmeg. Continue to heat until sauce is slightly thickened.
- For the fried sage leaf, melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it is slightly brown. Add the sage leaves and cook until slightly crisp making sure the pan is not over crowded and the leaves are not touching each other. Place leaves on paper towel. Reserve flavored butter.
- Cook raviolis according to package directions. Serve Ravioli hot with a drizzle of sage butter. Spoon sauce over ravioli and garnish with sage leaves.