Tuna Steak on Wonton Chips with Wasabi Mustard Tartar Sauce
- Two, 1 pound tuna steaks, three quarters to one inch thick
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sesame Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard
- fresh chopped chives for garnish
For the Tartar Sauce:
- Mix the mayonnaise, capers and Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard together. Set aside.
For the wontons:
- Stovetop method: Cut 15 wonton wrappers into two pieces. Heat 1/4 oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers and is almost to the smoke point. Add the wonton pieces a few at a time and fry until golden brown on both sides. Remove and place on a paper towel, or
- Oven method: Brush sesame oil on a baking sheet. Place cut wontons on the sheet. Brush tops of wontons with oil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F over until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes.
For the tuna:
- Pour 1/4 cup Sesame Ginger Teriyaki Sauce and 2 Tbsp. sesame oil into a bowl.
- Mix Well. With a pastry brush, coat both sides of the tuna steaks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high for 3 to 4 minutes. Sear the tuna steaks for 3 minutes on each side or until outside is golden and middle is still pink. Remove from heat.
Putting it all together:
- Slice the tuna on the bias, into about 15 slices per steak. Put a slice on each wonton half, top with a dollop of tartar sauce and garnish with chives.
- Place on an attractive platter and enjoy!