Sausage Stuffed Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or grease
- Cook sausage in boiling water until done, about 15 minutes.
- When cool, remove sausage from casings and cut sausage in half lengthwise.
- Cut puff pastry evening in thirds. Roll each strip to 3 1/2-inch to 4-inch wide and 8-inch long.
- Repeat with remaining sheet
- Spread 4 teaspoons Spicy Honey Mustard and Farmhouse Red Relish over pastry leaving a 1/4-inch border.
- Arrange sausage flat side down lengthwise on pastry close to one side of the edge.
- Roll opposite side of pastry over the sausage until it meets the other side.
- Pinch seams together.
- Brush pastry with egg.
- Score pastry into serving size portions.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, poppy or sesame seeds, if desired
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 12 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden in color.
- Allow pastry to cool cut at the score marks with a serrated knife.