Sour Cherry Jam Brownies
- 1 12 oz. package of milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Cream Frosting Layer:
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 stick butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Stonewall Kitchen Sour Cherry Jam
- Drain 1 quart of vanilla yogurt through cheesecloth or yogurt cheese maker over night to yield two cups of yogurt cheese.
- Reserve and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt chocolate, butter and stir until smooth.
- Cool mixture, and stir in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each.
- Mix in the flour and the salt, until well combined, then adding white chocolate chips.
- Pour into a buttered and floured 9 x 13 inch pan, and bake for 22 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow brownies to cool.
- Using an electric hand mixer, cream together yogurt cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Then add confectioners’ sugar and jam, beating until blended
- Spread frosting evenly over brownies, and chill for 2 hours.