Pork Medallions with Roasted Apple Grille Cream Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Caramelized apples, sautéed mushrooms, or 1-2 Tablespoons brandy added to sauce, optional
- Cut pork into 1-inch thick medallions. Place between plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon butter and oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add pork medallions and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Drain fat from pan.
- To make sauce, add a few Tablespoons of the chicken broth to the sauté pan to deglaze the pan.
- Combine the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and flour in a small dish. Add this mixture to the sauté pan. Over medium heat, melt butter until it bubbles, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream and Roasted Apple Grille Sauce. Add Salt and pepper to taste. Continue to heat until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce over plated pork medallions.