Black Raspberry Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Black Raspberry Jam or
Sour Cherry Jam
- Bring half and half and whipping cream to a simmer over medium low heat in a medium-heavy saucepan.
- In a separate, medium size bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar together.
- When cream is heated, whisk hot cream into egg yolk mixture in a slow, steady drizzle. Return mixture to saucepan and return to stove. Stir continuously over medium-low heat until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in 3/4-cup Black Raspberry Jam or Sour Cherry Jam until melted.
- Cover with plastic wrap, setting the wrap directly onto the custard and chill. Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.