Risotto with Sundried Tomato Pesto or Basil Pesto
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil, or olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Sundried Tomato Pesto or Basil Pesto
- Maine Sea Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pour the chicken stock into a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low so stock is simmering.
- In another large saucepan or saute pan melt the 2 Tbsp.of the butter and garlic oil or olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the yellow onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat for about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, stir and allow to evaporate.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the stock and stir constantly until it has almost absorbed into the rice.
- Add remaining stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb. Continue to stir.
- This will take about 30 minutes.
- When all the stock has been used, add the remaining butter, Parmesan cheese and Sundried Tomato or Basil Pesto.
- Stir gently and add the parsley.
- Serves 4-6.