Truffle Marinara with Sausage and Spinach – Serves 4-6
- 12 ounces Stonewall Kitchen Spaghetti Pasta or Spaghettoni Pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound ground sweet Italian sausage
- 6 ounces button baby bella or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Truffle Marinara
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until brown, stirring frequently to break up large chunks. Drain fat. Remove meat and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Add spinach and cook until spinach is limp, but still bright green. Add the sausage and Truffle Marinara and bring to a simmer. Add pasta to sauce, toss to coat and serve garnished with pine nuts and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shaved thin using a vegetable peeler.