Mocha Pecan Popovers
Sweet and satisfying, these popovers are wonderful at breakfast or as a special dessert served with coffee or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 package Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Popover Mix
- 2 cups water, room temperature
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus additional butter to grease muffin tin
- 1 cup very finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate, shaved finely
- Preheat oven and standard 12 cup muffin tin to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare popover recipe according to package directions. Batter will be lumpy.
- Stir in pecans, coffee and chocolate.
- Remove muffin tin from oven, quickly brush the extra melted butter into each cup and around the rims.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F. and continue baking for 15-20 minutes until they are a rich golden brown.