Garden Vegetable Lasagna Roll-ups - Serves 6
- 2 small eggplants
- Olive oil
- 9 lasagna pasta noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained well or to substitute fresh spinach instead of frozen use 1/2 pound fresh, trimmed, cooked and well drained spinach instead of 5 ounces of frozen.
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, fresh grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet. Thinly slice eggplant lengthwise. Brush each side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread out on baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes, turning once half way through the cook time. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- Make sure all moisture is squeezed out of the cooked spinach. In a medium size bowl combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, nutmeg, and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay pasta on a work surface. Evenly divide the ricotta mixture on each lasagna noodle. Spread mixture over entire length of the noodle. Place eggplant slices on top of the ricotta. Roll each noodle up. Spread some Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce in the bottom of a greased 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Place lasagna rolls on top of sauce. Spread remaining sauce over pasta rolls. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes until the cheese is melted, but not brown.
- Serve garnished with chopped basil.