Mini Salmon Wasabi Appetizers - Makes 2 dozen
- 3/4 pound salmon fillet
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 24 two inch by two inch slices of pumpernickel cocktail bread
- Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- Brush salmon fillet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Prepare a charcoal grill and brush the grilling rack with oil. Grill the fish for 5 minutes on each side, or until the fish is almost cooked through. Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 15 minutes. If baking, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place rack in center if oven. Bake fish 15 to 20 minutes until it is flaky and almost cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to rest. With a fork, remove the skin and flake the fish into 24 small pieces.
- Cut each slice of pumpernickel bread with a 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter. Spread a small amount of Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Cream Sauce over each round. Place the salmon over the Wasabi Cream and top with a sprig of fresh dill. Serve at room temperature.