Pasta & Bean Soup - Serves 2
- Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- cannellini beans (1-8 oz can or dried and soaked overnight, then drained)
- 1/2 pound small shells or tubettie pasta
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 pound proscuitto cut into chunks (optional)
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a medium saucepan. Saute onions over medium heat until soft and golden.
- Add the proscuitto and allow to melt.
- Add the beans, mix well and add one jar of Traditional Marinara Sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer. After 10 minutes, add 1/2 to 1 cup water to give a soupy consistency.
- Pour over cooked pasta. Top with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.