Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sweet Honey Mustard, plus additional for serving
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (the size of coarse bread crumbs)
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Cut chicken into strips about 1x2x1/4-inches.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the buttermilk and Sweet Honey Mustard. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place pretzel crumbs in a shallow bowl. Remove chicken pieces from the bowl and shake off excess marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece of chicken with pretzel crumbs. Place on baking sheet and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Pour oil into a sauté pan enough to coat the bottom of the pan and be about 1/4-1/2 inch deep. Heat over medium-high heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, add chicken a few pieces at a time and sauté until golden brown on both sides and the chicken is no longer pink internally. Remove tenders and place on layered paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with additional Sweet Honey Mustard.