Wasabi Ginger Mashed Potatoes
- 4 large (2 pounds) Russet Potatoes, cubed
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream, more if necessary
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped for garnish
- Place cubed potatoes in a large pot. Fill with water to just cover the potatoes. Add salt. Turn heat on, and allow to simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the water from the potatoes, and mash.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add Oil. Sweat the onions and ginger until the onions become translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add milk or cream. Do not allow the cream to boil, but make sure it is hot. Add the Wasabi Mustard and mix thoroughly. Add the butter, and stir until melted.
- Pour mixture into mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with scallions.