Pan Seared Sesame-Crusted Tuna Steaks
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup black sesame seeds
- 6- 8 ounce tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Combine sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Pat the tuna steaks dry and rub both sides with 1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and press both sides and edges of the tuna steaks in the sesame seeds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat until oil is just beginning to smoke. Add the tuna steaks. Cook 30 seconds without moving, reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook a total of 1 1/2 minutes on each side for rare or 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare being careful when turning the steaks not to disturb the crust. Sesame seeds should be golden.
- Cut tuna steaks in 1/4 inch slices and serve topped with Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Horseradish Cream Sauce.