Roasted Carrot Soup - Serves 2
- 1 lb. small carrots (peel and 1/2 inch diced)
- 1 cup Spanish onion (1/2 inch diced)
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup potato (peel and 1/2 inch diced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce
- Enough water to cover vegetables (abut 2 to 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Roast diced carrots with a little olive oil, salt and pepper in a 400 degrees F oven for 20-30 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pot brown the onion in a small amount of olive oil; once browning has occurred add the mushrooms and allow them to sear, then add the minced garlic.
- Add the roasted carrots and potatoes to the pot...deglaze with white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes and Stonewall Kitchen Vidalia Onion Fig Sauce.
- Add the parsley and enough water to cover the vegetables, simmer until all is tender.
- In batches puree in the blender till smooth. Return to a pot and whisk in sour cream, adjust the seasoning and top with crumbled feta cheese, salt & pepper. Broil until golden brown. (approx 20 minutes)