Monster Eye Cheese Wafers
- 2 cups sharp orange cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Stonewall Kitchen Kansas City or Texas Rub
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 24 Spanish green olives stuffed with pimentos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the cheddar cheese and butter in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the flour, Rub and salt. Pulse the food processor until the dough pulls away from the sides and forms a ball.
- Form dough into small balls using 1 heaping teaspoon. Place balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Form each ball into an almond shape that resembles an eye. Flatten slightly.
- Drain and pat the Spanish olives dry. Cut the olives in half and place each half in the middle of the almond shaped wafer. Press down firmly.
- Bake eyes for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden brown on the edges.