White Chocolate Fig Cheesecake Squares with a Lemon Pistachio Shortbread Crust
- 13/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks, 16 tablespoons) chilled unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ice water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, finely chopped
Cheesecake Filling -
16 ounces (2 packages) softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1 cup Stonewall Kitchen White Chocolate Fig Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch pan. Optional: make a parchment sling by cutting a piece of nonstick parchment paper the length of the pan.
- Liner should be long enough to line the bottom of the pan and hang over both edges of the pan several inches.
- Place flour, sugar and salt in food processor and pulse.
- Add butter and process until the dough begins to form a ball, adding ice water if necessary. Add lemon zest and pistachios and pulse several times until uniformly mixed.
- Press dough evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake until crust is lightly golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- While cooling, prepare filling. Mix softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add eggs and mix just until eggs are incorporated.
- After crust cools for 30 minutes, pour cheesecake filling evenly over the crust.
Spoon White Chocolate Fig Sauce randomly on top of filling and then swirl with a knife to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 35-45 minutes or until center is set. Allow to cool in pan.
- When completely cooled gently remove cheesecake by lifting the sling. Place on a cutting board. Cut bars to desired size and serve.