Wasabi Ginger Salmon over Ginger Rice Cakes
- 2-3 lbs Salmon Fillet
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Ginger Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
The Rice Cakes
- 2 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- parchment paper
- To prepare salmon, grill the salmon fillet. Brush with the Wasabi Ginger Sauce 2-3 times while grilling.
- To prepare rice cakes, in a bowl whisk together egg and ginger.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add egg mixture to rice, then flour mixture.
- Lightly brush baking sheet with olive oil and press mixture into pan.
- Brush a sheet of parchment with oil and place on top of mixture.
- Let rice mixture chill at least an hour. (This can be done the day before)
- Heat skillet, add oil and break off pieces of chilled rice mixture and place in skillet. Cook each side until golden. You may need to add more oil for each batch.
- Transfer cakes to paper towel when done.
- To Serve, place the rice cakes on a plate and top with the salmon. Drizzle with additional Wasabi Ginger Sauce.