Lemon Cloud Pie with Blueberry Sauce
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Fill bottom of a double boiler with water to 1-inch below the level of the top pan. Add egg whites to the top pan. Bring water to just a boil. Beat egg whites with a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks form and the egg whites come to 138 degrees F. This will pasteurize the egg whites, do not allow egg whites to get above 145 degrees F or they will not be smooth and creamy. Remove upper pan from double boiler if eggs are getting too hot. Whisk in sugar.
- In another bowl whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold together the egg whites and whipped cream as well as the fresh grated lemon peel and lemon juice until uniform.
- Fill the prepared graham cracker crust with the lemon cream mixture.
- Chill the pie 6-8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator before serving.*
- For the sauce combine the Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan and heat until the consistency of syrup. Cool before serving over each piece of pie.