Lemon Cloud Pie with Blueberry Sauce
1 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Place the egg whites and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat using a whisk attachment on high until stiff peaks form. Transfer the egg whites to a medium bowl.
- In the same electric mixer bowl beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add the whipped cream to the egg white mixture.
- Fold together the egg whites and whipped cream as well as the fresh grated lemon peel and lemon juice until uniform.
- Fill the prepared graham cracker crust with the lemon cream mixture.
- Chill the pie 6-8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator before serving.*
- For the sauce combine the Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, lemon juice and water in a small saucepan and heat until the consistency of syrup. Cool before serving over each piece of pie.