Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Once one of our favorite baking mixes, we've broken down this delicious recipe for you to make and enjoy all on your own!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 13 oz. jar Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam, stirred well
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 10” bundt pan and lightly dust the inside with flour.
- Sift together and set aside the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixer, or by hand, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, blending well, and then add sour cream and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Gradually fold in flour, baking powder, and salt into creamed mixture until just blended.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of batter and mix with 3/4 of the jar of blueberry jam.
- Pour 3/4 remaining batter into the prepared pan, smoothing to the edges and creating a slight "trough" with a spatula.
- Gently spoon the blueberry mix into the batter "trough", being careful not to touch the side of the pan.
- Spread the remaining batter over the jam and smooth the top.
- Set pan on middle rack in the oven and bake for about 60 minutes, or until the sides of the cake pull away from the pan and a cake tester (or toothpick) inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Turn onto a plate, sprinkle with confectioners sugar, drizzle with remaining jam and enjoy!