Apple and Sour Cream Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup Wild Maine Blueberry Jam or Holiday Jam
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon flour
- 6 McIntosh apples
To make the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line pie plate with prepared pie crust and crimp edges.
- Spread Wild Maine Blueberry Jam or Holiday Jam evenly over bottom of pie crust.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Combine the sour cream, egg, and vanilla in a medium size bowl and mix. Add the flour mixture and mix.
- Peel, core and slice the apples (approximately 1/4 inch thick) and add them to the sour cream mixture. Toss and coat the apples, then spread them evenly in the pie crust.
- Bake the pie at 425 degrees F for ten minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- While pie is baking, prepare the crumb topping by combining the flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in the butter until topping resembles coarse meal.
- After pie has cooked 30 minutes top with crumb topping and bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.