Grilled Fruit Vanilla Ice Cream and Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce or Dark Chocolate Orange Sauce
- 1 fresh pineapple (may use canned chunks)
- 1 pint strawberries
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 gallon Vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups Aged Balsamic vinegar
- Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce or Dark Chocolate Orange Sauce
- metal or wooden skewers (soak skewers before grilling)
- fresh mint for garnish
- Pre- heat grill
- Peel and cut pineapple into one half inch cubes or drain cannned chunks
- Wash and hull strawberries
- Peel rind off the oranges and slice into rings, about 4 slices per orange
- Place pieces of fruit on skewers, alternating between pineapple, strawberries and oranges.
- Place fruit skewers in a shallow pan and pour balsamic vinegar over all, marinating for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce or Dark Chocolate Orange Sauce into a stainless bowl and place over a pot of boiling water.
- Heat sauce until warm.
- Place skewerd fruit onto hot grill and grill for about 4 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream into the center of a plate.
- Remove sewer from the grill and slide fruit off onto the ice cream.
- Lace with the dessert sauce of your choice and garnish with a sprig of mint.