Arroz Mexicana (Mexican Rice)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1-cup basmati rice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup Vidalia onion, diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa (1/2 cup salsa for spicier rice)
- ½ cup grated cheese, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, asadero, queso blanco cheese or a combination
- Boil chicken stock in a medium-size saucepan. Add rice and salt, cover and cook 20 minutes (or until the rice is tender and fluffy).
- In a separate sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté until tender. Add the garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add to cooked rice.
- Stir Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Tomato Salsa into the rice. Place rice in baking dish and top with cheese. Place dish under broiler until cheese melts. Serve.