Sweetly Spiced Butternut Squash
Temptingly sweet with a hint of pepper, this vegetable dish is for anyone who thinks they don’t love squash. Pipe into decorative swirls and sprinkle with minced parsley for a festive occasion.
- When squash is soft, peel and mash in a large bowl until smooth.
- Boil potato cubes in salted water until very soft when pierced with a knife.
- Drain potatoes and add to squash along with Red Pepper Jelly or Hot Pepper Jelly, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mash by hand until almost smooth, or use an electric mixer. Add butter if desired and serve.
- For a decorative presentation, use a pastry bag fitted with a fluted tip and pipe into swirled mounds or onto individual plates.