Maple Crusted Halibut
- 4 each Halibut filets
- 4 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Maple Mustard Dip
- 2 cups panko or plain bread crumbs
- To taste Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt
- To taste Stonewall Kitchen Black Peppercorns, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 stick Unsalted butter
- Baste each Halibut with 1/2 Tbsp. Stonewall Kitchen Maple Mustard Dip.
- Pour bread crumbs onto a plate, add salt and pepper, and mix together. Crust each filet on the same side as the mustard.
- Heat saute pan on medium high heat. Make sure that the pan is large enough to hold all four filets at once. Add Olive Oil and allow pan to heat about one minute more.
- Place filets in the skillet, crust side down. You should hear a sizzling sound.
- Cook until crusts become golden brown and crispy. Flip each filet over, lower the heat, and cook until done, about 4 minutes more.
- Place filets on a plate to rest.
- While the pan is still hot, deglaze the pan with the wine, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan thoroughly.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. of Stonewall Kitchen Maple Mustard Dip, and stir until well incorporated.
- Add butter, and heat until sauce begins to thicken. Serve this pan sauce over the fish filets.