Baked French Toast with Mimosa Jam
For the French Toast-
- 1 2/3 cup light cream
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1-12 oz. loaf rich egg bread, cut into 1-inch slices (trim crust if desire)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
For the Mimosa Orange Syrup-
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Mimosa Brunch Jam
- 2 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Sour cream and mint leaves for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the light cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Grease a 9X13 inch pan with butter. Arrange pieces of bread in a single layer close together. Pour egg mixture over the bread. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Pour off extra egg mixture. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over the top. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Cut into individual portions.
- While the French toast is baking make the syrup by combining the Mimosa Brunch Jam, orange juice, lemon juice and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until jam and butter are melted. Serve over baked French toast. Garnish with sour cream and mint leaf.