Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding -Serves 8
- 1 22-ounce loaf of rustic country white bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 5 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pumpkin Butter (or roasted/mashed pumpkin or canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin-Caramel Sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Pumpkin Caramel Whipped Cream-
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, half and half, eggs, sugars, Stonewall Kitchen Maple Pumpkin Butter and Pumpkin Caramel Sauce, vanilla, salt and spices. Whisk until combined.
- Add bread and chocolate chips and toss gently. Pour into a greased 8 cup shallow baking dish. Let sit for 20-30 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes. Pudding is done when puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- While bread pudding is baking whip cream in a cold mixing bowl with a whisk attachment until soft peaks are about to form. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar. Gently fold 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Pumpkin Caramel Sauce into the cream. Serve over warm bread pudding.