Crème Brulee with Mocha Espresso Sauce
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (for the tops)
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Mocha Espresso Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the yolks and sugar till thick and pale yellow.
- Add cream and vanilla, and whisk till blended well.
- Strain into a large bowl and skim any bubbles or foam.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of Mocha Espresso Sauce in each of 6 ramekins.
- Add custard mixture to each of the ramekins and place in a water bath.
- Bake till set around the edges but a little loose in the center, about 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in the water bath. Chill at least two hours.
- To serve, sprinkle about two teaspoons of sugar on each ramekin. Use a small torch or your broiler to melt sugar. Re-chill for a few minutes before serving.