- 8-10 slices white bread, crusts removed, cut into 1-inch cubes*
- 8 oz. bacon
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, peeled, and finely chopped
- 3 Cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- 1 Cup heavy cream
- 1 Cup milk
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 Tsp. thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Sauté ½-inch pieces of bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the granny smith apple, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle the Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Smoked Apple Grille Sauce over the bread cubes.
- Whisk together the Cream, milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes. Press down with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes, or over night, in the refrigerator.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown and cooked through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.