Linzer Cookies - Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies (depending on the size of cookie cutter used)
- 1 box Stonewall Kitchen Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Seedless Raspberry Jam
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Make cookie dough according to box instructions. Roll dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut cookies (a scalloped edge circle was used for these cookies, but other shapes work well to such as hearts). Cut a small circle out of the center of half of the cookies. Bake according to box instructions. Allow to cool on rack.
- Spread jam on the top of the cookies that do not have the center cut out. If the jam is too thick it can be heated on the stove top or in a microwave until smooth.
- Sprinkle confectioner’s sugar on the cookies that have the center cut out of them. Gently place this cookie on top of the cookie with jam on it.